Want more information on a particular topic? Here's a list of resources we think will be helpful to you:
- Earth Aid - monitors your home's electric, gas and water usage and highlights local, state and federal rebates, incentives and discounts to help you save
- EnergyEmpowers.gov - the nation's clean energy stories
- EnergySavers.gov - ways to save energy and use clean, renewable technologies at home, while driving, and at work.
- EnergySavers.gov/lighting - get information about lighting choices and how to use the same amount of light for less money
- EnergyStar.gov - helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
- ENERGY STAR: New Homes - info about new homes certified to meet energy-efficiency guidelines set forth by EPA.
- ENERGY STAR: Home Improvement - tips and tools for increasing energy efficiency at home.
- Engage 360 - California-based initiative with efficiency tips no matter where you live
- Repower At Home - turns energy-saving actions into a game where you can track your progress and join teams
- Will You Join Us? (Chevron) - a place to openly discuss important energy issues, to engage in healthy debate, and to add your voice to the energy conversation.
Energy Audits and Measuring Energy Use
- Estimating a Solar Water Heater System's Cost (DOE) - Before purchasing a solar water heating system, estimate its annual operating cost and compare it with other systems.
- Home Energy Audits - You might have heard of a home energy audit before as a way to save money at home — but what exactly is it?
- Home Energy Saver (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)- this tool recommends energy-saving upgrades that are appropriate to the home and make sense for the home's climate and local energy prices.
- BuyEnergyEfficient.org - an extensive selection of energy efficient products and accessories from manufacturers across the nation.
- Efficient Windows Collaborative - info on energy-efficient windows, including how they work and recommendations for their selection and use.
- Find ENERGY STAR Products - search for efficient products and learn how to shop smarter when buying them.
- SimplyInsulate.org - a guide to the hows and whys to add more insulation to your home
Refinancing and Remodeling
- Remodeling - if energy efficiency is not near the top of the list in your home improvement and remodeling projects, you’re missing out!
- Refinancing - if you're planning on refinancing consider building in some money to make energy-efficiency home improvements for long-term saving.
Taxes and Incentives
- Tax Credit Info - home and vehicle tax credits.
- Residential Energy Efficiency Tool (EPA) - downloadable computer tool allowing users to calculate how much they will save by making their homes more energy efficient.
- Residential Water Conservation Techniques (EPA) - downloadable computer tool allowing users to calculate how much they will save by installing water efficient devices in their homes.